A few days ago, I made these white chicken enchiladas and they were delicious! I’ve been meaning to try out new recipes and I am so glad I finally got around to trying this one. I’d never had an enchilada with white sauce before (green is my favorite) but this was pretty yummy. Here’s the recipe:
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 soft shell flour tortillas
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (4oz) can of diced green chilies
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- Salt and pepper, for taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cook and shred your chicken breast, then mix with 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Lay out the tortillas and divide the chicken-cheese mixture evenly amongst the 8 tortillas. Roll them up and place them side-by-side in the pan.
- In a saucepan, melt the 3 tablespoons of butter over medium heat and add the flour. Mix and cook for about a minute.
- Add in the 2 cups of chicken broth, whisking until it’s a smooth consistency. Whisk over medium heat until it is thick and creamy (usually about 5-8 minutes).
- Mix in the sour cream, salt, pepper, and the can of chiles to the pan
- Pour the sauce over the tortillas, making sure to cover evenly
- Add the other cup of cheese to the top of the enchiladas
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is golden brown
- Enjoy with salsa or without! It’s yummy either way!
Recipe found on Crafty Morning.
Let me know how you like this recipe! What should I make next? Let me know in the comments below!
Leave a Reply